The annular transducers are designed to fit directly to Norbar gearboxes in the 72 mm series, standard and small diameter series ranges (PneuTorque and HandTorque) and will accurately measure the torque output from the gearbox via a display instrument.
- Up to 5000 N·m (5000 lbf·ft) classified to BS7882:2008 — typically better than Class 1 for the primary classification range (+/-0.5% of reading from 20% to 100% of full scale).
- Robust heat-treated alloy steel torsion tube design.
- Designed to ignore non-torsional forces.
- SMART transducers have a built-in memory circuit that contains essential information about the transducer. This information can be read by Norbar's TST, TTT, TTL-HE & T-Box instruments, meaning that when the transducer is connected, it is immediately recognized and ready for use.
- SMART transducers can also be used with many other instruments. However, these will operate as normal ratio calibrated (mV/V) transducers. The SMART data will not be read.